Which settings do I use for an ideal print PDF?
Check list for PDF requirements
- Create print files in original size (scale of 1:1)
- Color mode: CMYK
- Color profile: adjusted to product and paper/print substrate
- Bleed: 0.1 inch (if not specified otherwise)
- Safety margin: 0.2 inch (unless specified otherwise)
- Resolution: min. 300 dpi (unless specified otherwise)
- Embed fonts: completely or as subgroup (alternative: convert to paths)
- Transparency fading: CMYK
- Size and orientation of pages: identical
- Limitations and security settings of the PDF must be deactivated (no password)
- PDF standard: PDF/X-4:2008
Also observe the data info on the product pages in our online shop and our print file requirements.